FANTASY CANYON

NOVEMBER 2013 & APRIL 2018

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON
 
FANTASY CANYON
 
FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON

FANTASY CANYON


Fantasy Canyon is a cool area comprised of very uniquely eroded rocks located about forty miles outside of Vernal. It is a very small canyon that does not take long to walk. It appears that a scout troop has spruced up the trail and added signs naming several of the features to add interest. While I really enjoyed the canyon, I was a little let down that the coolest formation in the canyon, Teapot Rock, collapsed several years before I had a chance to visit. While the canyon is pleasant, the area lacks the ambiance of other geologic formations such as this, as it is located in the middle of an expansive natural gas field with wells everywhere. While the surroundings are a bit industrial, I had it nearly to myself both times I visited.