MCKEE SPRINGS

NOVEMBER 2013

MCKEE SPRINGS PETROGLYPHS

MCKEE SPRINGS PETROGLYPHS

MCKEE SPRINGS PETROGLYPHS

MCKEE SPRINGS PETROGLYPHS

MCKEE SPRINGS PETROGLYPHS

RAINBOW PARK

ISLAND PARK

McKee Springs contains an impressive set of petroglyphs located along Island Park Road in Dinosaur National Monument. A small pull-out is located along the side of the road with trails leading to the petroglyphs located along the cliff walls. After checking out the petroglyphs, it is just a short drive over to Rainbow Point, which provides a nice view of the Green River. You can also drive a bit further up the road to Island Park for some more views of the river. I remember this being a very peaceful trip. I don't remember seeing anyone else when I visited in November of 2013, though I do remember getting a flat tire on some of the jagged rocks that make up the gravel road on my way out. So you may want to make sure you have a spare tire ready to go before making this drive.