MCCONKIE RANCH

NOVEMBER 2013 & APRIL 2018

MCCONKIE RANCH PETROGLYPHS

MCCONKIE RANCH PETROGLYPHS

MCCONKIE RANCH PETROGLYPHS

THE THREE WISE MEN PANEL
BIG FOOT

McConkie Ranch include a large number of easily accessible petroglyphs located just outside Vernal, Utah. I had no idea there were such high-quality petroglyphs located in Vernal until I researched the area just before visiting in November of 2013. The petroglyphs are located on private property, but thankfully the property owner has been kind enough to allow the public access to them. So be on your best behavior. There is a large parking lot located just below the first group of petroglyphs. To get to the next set you will cross the road, take some steps over a fence and follow a trail across a field. There are many unique human images that are very interesting to look at. Some of them are pretty intricate. Definitely a must-do hike if you are in the Vernal area. I'm not sure how crowded it gets during popular times, but when I visited on a November evening in 2013, I nearly had the entire place to myself.