MOONSHINE ARCH

NOVEMBER 2013 & APRIL 2018

MOONSHINE ARCH

MOONSHINE ARCH
 
BENEATH MOONSHINE ARCH

MOONSHINE ARCH

MOONSHINE ARCH

FROM BEHIND MOONSHINE ARCH

FROM AN ALCOVE BEHIND MOONSHINE ARCH

MOONSHINE ARCH


Moonshine Arch is an impressive arch located just outside Vernal, accessed via a short one-and-a-half mile round-trip hike. It is not well-marked from the road, so bring good directions with you when you go. I was a little surprised to see an arch so large located in northeastern Utah. I had never even heard of Moonshine Arch until just before visiting it for the first time in 2013. 

I had the entire place to myself when visiting in November of 2013. However, when I returned in April of 2018, it wasn't the most peaceful place. There were motorcycles and ATV's driving along the trail, and a large group of people rappelling off a rock wall just above the arch. It was a much different experience than I had the first time. So if you want some tranquility, make sure to visit during an unpopular time of year.